SEED Care services and costs
Having worked in this field of low self-esteem in young people for over 30 years there are various ways I can assist Care organisations, staff and residents:
1. Whole day training event for foster Carers I can provide a training event for foster Carers to create knowledge of self-esteem issues, including strategies to implement within the foster home – all aimed at raising the self-esteem of foster children.
The cost of this one day training event is £525. This includes the actual training, comprehensive handouts, and 15 copies of the book, "Teenager, uncover the true potential within YOU!" for use by the foster children of Carers attending the training event. Additional copies of the book can be purchased at £7.50 per copy.
"This has been one of the best training sessions I have attended. It fits closely with attachment and PACE training. I strongly recommend carers and practitioners do this course. The trainer was very engaging and kept us motivated to listen and engage.” Foster carer, Birmingham
2. Residential Care staff, whole day training event I can provide a training event for residential Care staff – those who work with young people in residential homes. The morning covers the same material as the foster Carers training event, but the afternoon focuses on identifying strategies that can be prioritised and implemented within each residential home. There is also a session on the book, "Teenager, uncover the true potential within YOU!" to enable staff to assist residents using the material. The book is designed to be accessed by young people without adult input but many young people will value and benefit from having an adult support them as they work through the book.
The cost of this one day training event is £525. This includes the actual training, comprehensive handouts, and 15 copies of the book, "Teenager, uncover the true potential within YOU!" for use by the young people under the care of staff attending the training event. Additional copies of the book can be purchased at £7.50 per copy.
“This course clearly shows how self-esteem is at the root of most, if not all, areas of difficulty for children/teenagers. This course is thought provoking and is clear, well presented and useful for anyone working with teenagers.” Carer, Warrington
3. Self-assessment exercise for young people I can provide a self-assessment exercise for young people - to identify those who may be battling behaviour-determining low self-esteem. This assessment is contained within the book "Teenager, uncover the true potential within YOU!" and so will be automatically available to those who book one of the whole day training events. If companies or organisations wish to assess their young people to determine whether they have an issue with low self-esteem, the cost is £1 per individual assessment (minimum order of 20 assessments).
“Low self-esteem is the second main reason young people called the national charity ChildLine in a 12 months period, with 80,276 calls being made on the issue.” NSPCC
4. “Teenager, uncover the true potential within YOU!” I can provide a 131-page, 7-chapter book entitled, “Teenager, believe in yourself” – which young people can use to understand and correct their low self-esteem. This book perfectly complements any training undertaken by staff so that all involved with any particular young person have the same understanding of self-esteem and are all working together for the benefit of the young person/young people.
Fifteen copies of the book are freely available for the young people of any company or organisation that books one of the whole day training events.
Individual copies of the book can be purchased at a cost of £12.50.
“I have read through the book and I'm very impressed. I think it’s easy for kids to understand and self-esteem should be up there with maths and English lessons.”
Cardiff counsellor with ChildLine
5. Management whole day training event I can provide a training event for the Management within Care companies or organisations in order to create an across-the-board ethos of recognising and utilising the raising of self-worth in young people as a foundational behaviour modification strategy. The Management training event covers the same material in the morning as the other whole day events and the afternoon focuses on a more detailed look at strategies that can be implemented across the company or organisation.
The cost of this one day training event is £525. This includes the training, comprehensive handouts and a copy of the book, "Teenager, uncover the true potential within YOU!" for each Management member attending the event.
“If there were ever a magic bullet that could transform a young person’s life it would be a pill coated with self-esteem. This powerful yet fragile quality is the key to the future for a teenager.” Oxford University research conclusion