SEED Schools services & costs
Having worked in this field of low self-esteem in young people for over 30 years there are various ways I can assist your school:
1. Whole school, whole day INSET I can provide a training event for all your staff to create a school-wide knowledge of self-esteem issues, including strategies to implement across the school and in individual classrooms – all aimed at raising the self-esteem of your pupils.
The cost of this one day training event is £525. This includes the actual training, comprehensive handouts, collated feedback for Senior Management from staff on strategies they wish to prioritise and implement, and a licence for 12 months to produce as many copies of the book, "Teenager, believe in yourself" as are required by pupils within your school. This licence is renewable annually for a fee of £115.
"After your visit the kids' moods in corridors and class seemed much more relaxed. Well done indeed!" Senior Secondary teacher, London NW2
2. Pastoral staff, whole day INSET I can provide a training event for your pastoral staff – those who primarily will work with your troubled young people. The morning covers the same material as the whole school INSET, but the afternoon focuses on the material in the book, "Teenager, believe in yourself," and training pastoral staff in how to ensure pupils get the most out of the book. The book is designed to be accessed by pupils without adult input but many pupils will value and benefit from having an adult support them as they work through the book.
The cost of this one day training event is £525. This includes the training, comprehensive handouts and a licence for 12 months to produce as many copies of the book, "Teenager, believe in
yourself" as are required by pupils within your school. This licence is renewable annually for a fee of £115.
“Your input has been a great help in informing a more compassionate and inclusive understanding
of pupils' needs.” Deputy Head, Sutton, Surrey
3. Self-assessment exercise for young people I can provide a self-assessment exercise for your pupils - to identify those who may be battling behaviour-determining low self-esteem. This assessment is contained within the book "Teenager, believe in yourself" and so will be automatically available to schools that book any of the whole day INSETs. If schools wish to assess their pupils to determine whether the school has an issue with low self-esteem, the cost of the assessment is £45 per Year Group (minimum order).
“Low self-esteem is the second main reason young people called the national charity ChildLine in a 12 months period, with 80,276 calls being made on the issue.” NSPCC
4. “Teenager, believe in yourself” I can provide a 136-page, 7-chapter book entitled, “Teenager, believe in yourself” – which pupils can use to understand and correct their low self-esteem. This book perfectly complements any training undertaken by school staff or parents so that all involved with any particular young person have the same understanding of self-esteem and are all working together for the benefit of the young person/young people.
The book is freely available in unlimited numbers, for a period of one year, for the pupils of any school that books any of the whole day INSETs.
Individual copies of the book can be purchased at a cost of £12.50.
“I have read through the book and I'm very impressed. I think it’s easy for kids to understand and self-esteem should be up there with maths and English lessons.”
Cardiff counsellor with ChildLine
5. Parents/carers whole day training event With home issues being a primary factor in a young person’s self-esteem, I can provide a training event for the parents/carers of the pupils at your school. The parents/carers training event covers the same material in the morning as the whole school INSET, but the afternoon focuses on a more detailed look at strategies that can be put in place within the family home to raise self-esteem.
The cost of this one day training event is £525. This includes the training, comprehensive handouts and a licence for the school to produce one copy of the book, "Teenager, believe in yourself" for each child of every parent/carer attending the training event.
“If there were ever a magic bullet that could transform a young person’s life it would be a pill coated with self-esteem. This powerful yet fragile quality is the key to the future for a teenager.” Oxford University research conclusion